Darren Telford, J.D., CFP®, CPFA
Darren R. Telford, J.D., CFP®, CPFA graduated from the University of Central Oklahoma in 1982 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and obtained a Juris Doctorate from Oklahoma City University School of Law in August 1988, completing the Bar in February 1989.
- Earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional designation from the College for Financial Planning in 1993 and his Qualified Plan Specialist title in 2003.
- Earned AXA’s Hall of Fame Award in 2005; which is the highest honored award that an Equitable Advisors associate can be awarded.
- Is a member of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Oklahoma City Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Estate Planning Council, and Institute of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. He also belongs to the Million Dollar Round Table, and The Sterling Group of Equitable Advisors.
- Developed the first Marketing Associate Trainee as well as sponsored associates in the Gold Mentor program with Equitable Life Insurance Company.
- Has served as a member of the Oklahoma City University Law Alumni Board, National Agents Forum of Equitable Advisors, American Heart Association Board, and is also a member of the Chickasaw Tribe.
Darren has resided in Oklahoma City since 1975. He and Cheryl have been married since 1982 with seven children. He and Cheryl are members of Putnam City Baptist Church. Darren actively supports Olivet Baptist Church and Western Hills Church. At Western Hills Church, Darren served in the past as Personnel Committee Member, Chairman of the Finance Committee and Advisory Council member.
Darren enjoys playing basketball regularly and coaching his kid’s basketball, baseball/softball and soccer teams. Darren seeks to put his relationship with God first, his marriage second, family third and the rest of life after.
Equitable Advisors and its affiliates do not provide legal or tax advice. Please consult your legal advisor for such guidance.
CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Qualified Plan Specialist title is awarded by Equitable Advisors based upon successful completion of an internal training program and written assessment.